Reading Real Estate Foundation are a specialist alumni association for Real Estate and Planning at the Henley Business School (University of Reading). Originally an independent organisation, they have a strong identity of their own. The challenge was to create a home page design that retains this identity, while acknowledging the closer ties to the Henley Business School and the University of Reading.
In producing this design, I have:
- Structured the layout to prioritise information about the Foundation’s activities and highlight how the audience can participate.
- Given prominence to the Foundation’s news to demonstrate that they are a hub for industry-related activity.
- Included links to landing pages for important audience segments; to key tasks that users frequently come to the site to complete; and to highlight the Foundation’s social media profiles.
- Worked to the Foundation’s sub-brand guidelines, which allow it to remain distinctive within the University of Reading’s visual identity system.
- Created a series of banners aimed at highlighting the activities of the Foundation, and encouraging individuals and organisations to participate.
I was also responsible for identifying how the sub-brand identity would be carried through to standard University of Reading content templates.
The Henley Business School web team were responsible for development work and for building the site.