The University of Reading Staff portal replaced a fortnightly news publication. Daily publication of local news reflects the buzz of activity on campus, and keeps staff in touch with what their colleagues are doing in the wider University community.
The Staff portal superseded a popular staff landing page, that provided many links to commonly sought after services and information. To ensure staff engaged with the new portal it was important that this feature was retained.
In carrying out design and front-end development work, my responsibilities included:
- Creating an overarching design that unified the discrete areas of the Staff portal under a single identity.
- Ensuring that the Staff portal identity was distinct from other University of Reading websites, while conforming to the University’s brand and its existing website conventions.
- Producing individual designs for the home page and content page templates.
- Developing templates for use in the Activedition CMS, using HTML and CSS.
- Working closely with colleagues carrying out additional technical development.